Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12868 05/24/04 03:58 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Just starting this, back later...

Ok, it's later. Poor kids, whining things like, "I'm hungry, it's lunchtimmmmeeee..."

Here's what I love: how dialogue heavy this is! My favorite kind of storytelling.

And all of this is just note perfect. The hesistancy, the love that is always underneath. Lois telling Clark the hard things- about the clone, her ordeal, and she knows it hurts him, but they are so honest with each other.

How can you not root for these two great characters who are so good for each other and so well drawn in their motivations?

Wonderful! I know I've said this, but I dread the end...of this part...just saying.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Kerth
Kerth
Fantastic! smile

thanks for posting quickly Leela! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice. I guess the nFIC version is still a ways off....

Hmmm...Lord Kal must have been a real SOB if the sight of a nice Clark sleeping naked still scares her off!!!

I want to see both Clarks go after him!!!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*TJgruffs banging head on desk*

NFIC!NFIC! ARRRRRGH!!!!!

Okay now that *that's* out of my system, whew, Leela, I am just hanging by a nerve here. I was soooooooo looking for this in nFolder. Okay, okay I understand, this is gonna take some delicate work, all that trauma she went through.

One thing I love about reading your work is like CC said, I love the conversation. You make it flow like a script and I get absorbed in the dialogue almost trying to think ahead to a good response but never quite meeting what you've already got down. Primo, brava, excellente!

NOW!! *BANGING HEAD ON DESK* WHERE DA MUSHY?!?!

*Edit*
By the way, I wouldn't have felt sorry about killing the clone, I'd've kicked him in the nuuu...oops wrong folder!

TEEEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow. Woo-hoo!!! This is so unbelievably wonderful, especially when you consider where they started from. Loved the sensual stuff, but the conversation was great, too -- the honesty, and the teasing <g> That's a level of intimacy that's more important than the physical stuff. And it's great to see smile

PJ
...who just bets the next line will be something like "we can just sleep, nothing else..." wink

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Thank you *everyone*. Again. So gratified by the time you all take to comment to this!!

And nfic... closer than you think. Even fooling around can be too naughty for this folder, if you know what I mean.

And... Pam - he definitely doesn't 'just want to sleep' :-)

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol -- I'm happy to be wrong! Let the fooling around commence!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YaoowwwHoooozA! This story just gets better and better, I can't wait for more. Great job Leela. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part thumbsup thumbsup , I can’t wait for more hyper hyper .

Top Banana
Top Banana
Unbelievable..I sooooooooooo love this story and literally jump out of my seat when another part pops up!! smile1

Great, great conversation and the yummy stuff wasn't bad either!! (nfic, nfic, nfic)

This relationship is really making progress and I am SO rooting for Lois (and Clark!).

Bring it ON..

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Leela

WOW, another fabulous part! smile1

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I first started reading this story a few weeks ago. Someone asked a question about it in the fanfic related folder, explainig how Lois has been held captive by Lord Kal-El for three whole years. 'Oh, wow, that sounds interesting!!' I thought. Then I found it was "Long Strange Trip". I said to myself I wouldn't read it, because I know how long you've bee working on this, so I could hold myself a little longer...really...I could do it.

Yeah, right.

Two chocolates and a soda later, I found myself staring at the TOC. Holy smokes, there was no way I was gonna read that. Uh uh. I almost didn't live through the suspense when LabRat was posting Masques, so I would wait till the whole thing was done... yep yep.

'Okay, okay, just *one* paragraph...okay, a couple of more. Oh heck, what's another page? Okay, I'll read through the chapter, and *then* I'm going to bed...'

Of course, I didn't manage to go to bed till 8 in the morning. goofy I read the whole thing up till a few chapters ago in one day. And now... I find myself checking for updates every hour.

I'm doomed.

Please, please post again soon!!!!! hyper

Pelican

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Pelican,

What a great post, thank you!

I post in 'spurts' due to the muse, and real life being always super-demanding.

This week, i've posted a lot, but I hadn't posted for about 3 or 4 before that, so it comes and goes.

I will post again on friday, because I have enough to do that. If I posted it all no;w, you'd probably have to wait a month for the *next* section due to real-life (MAJOR deadline coming up)

But thank you *so* much!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard