Oh, Shayne, don't stop! This tale is not finished yet. Clark has more street smarts to learn, and Charlie has more to teach him. Besides, I want you to show us how Clark gets from 16-year-old runaway vagrant to high school grad (maybe a GED?) to college student. Maybe he could help Charlie get set up in a stable and secure place of his own, receiving the disability and maybe veteran's benefits for which he qualifies. And Clark could live with him while working and going to school -

And meeting Lois Lane.

By this time Clark would be established in his neighborhood, known as the kind young man who somehow prevents bad things from happening to his neighbors. Lois meets him, likes him, but also gets suspicious, especially when she meets Charlie - who won't talk about his past. She's afraid that he's too good to be true, and -

I'd better stop now before I try to take over. And I couldn't do your story justice.

Anyway, please continue, even if you make this part of a multi-story narrative. I'm intrigued and captivated, and there is so much more to tell.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing