Yea! Clark! Super Vagrant! clap

We finally got an inkling of what happened back in Kansas:
Stepping into a fight like this one had been what caused Clark’s life to collapse in the first place.
So, Clark had hurt someone while protecting someone else. Now, that sounds like our Clark.

I liked how he used his advantages in the dark to freak out those thugs. Not so passive resistance.

For a second there, I thought the truck had spent more time in the air. I love this image though:

The men had all fled, and the bags of cans, both those he’d and Charlie had collected and those the men had already had in the pickup were scattered everywhere.

The truck was upside down a hundred feet away, caught in the top of two huge oak trees.
He scared those guys, and he scared them good. I love Clark standing up for himself, Charlie, and Rufus. I see the building of a hero, defender of the weak and the poor.

He’d practice with his abilities, and he’d go back to school; he’d find a way. He’d go to college and eventually he’d have the kind of home his parents had. He’d have the stable, loving home that he deserved, and he’d find a way to protect people.

Life wasn’t good, but it would be.
From this line (these lines) I can see the building of Alt-Clark from this vagrant to a hero. clap Well done. It gives new meaning to his lie "It was a long time ago." No matter how he might rebuild his life, *here* will always reside close to Clark's heart. The moment when he could see the good coming from what he can do. And the man who helped him, despite having nothing but his knowledge to give.

Originally posted by ShayneT:
Well, what do you think? I could finish it here, or continue on to the next part with Lois, although that would change the tone of the story. Maybe I should have the second part as a second story?
Either way works for me... just don't stop! Although, I could see definitely having a different tone and feeling once Lois was introduced.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.