Great story hyper

He shook his head slightly, cutting her off. “You didn’t” he told her softly. The urge to kiss her was overwhelming; dipping his head that last little bit, he pressed his lips to hers gently for a long moment, then pulled back slightly so he could gauge her reaction. Searching her face, he let go of her arms, sliding one hand along her jaw line into her hair and pulling her closer. “Lois...” he breathed. He kissed her again, letting some of the passion he felt for her come to the surface, feeling her eager response. She freed her hand from where it was trapped between them, looping her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss even further. It felt like he was on fire. Her slim body, clad in a light sundress, was pressed up against his mostly bare chest, their tongues dancing together... She pulled back slightly, leaving him feeling strangely bereft. Breathing hard, he rested his forehead against hers, marvelling at the fact that she’d left him breathless. He could hold his breath for 20 minutes, but this woman could leave him breathless.
They stayed like that for a long moment, Clark revelling in the moment, before he realised what he’d done. He’d kissed Lois. Lois. His best friend, the one woman he’d ever loved, the only woman he’d ever love- but she didn’t feel the same way about him. What had he done?
LOVED!!! You created a beautiful scene here--reading it, you could FEEL what they were feeling...what a pleasure to read smile ! Favorite part was how he breathed her name, had his hand on her face, and kissed her again. And how they rested their foreheads against each other--very intimately written smile

She heard him draw a shaky breath. “Lois...” All of a sudden he snatched her up in his arms and she was being crushed to his chest. She choked a little and he relaxed his hold, letting her go enough so that he could look at her. She met his gaze squarely. He had a hopeful expression on his face, but his eyes were filled with so much love that it made her breath catch in her throat. How had she never realised just how strongly Clark felt about her? And in that instant she knew that she could tell him how she felt, how she really felt. “I love you, Clark.”
His face lit up. There was no other way to describe it. She’d never seen him look so uncomplicatedly happy. “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to hear you say that, Lois.” His voice was husky. “I love you so much... I’ve always loved you.” She felt a wide smile break out across her own face at his words. He picked her up and swung her around in a circle, making her burst out laughing at his sheer exultation. He set her back gently on her feet, his grin fading as his expression became more intent. Without hesitation, he dipped his head and covered her mouth with his.
Such a great, WAFFY, lovely section of your story! You had me, while reading along, very excited and happy for them. Awwww clap

Thanks for a wonderful read! Can't wait to read the next story you write smile ....welcome to the boards!

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~