In Part 141, I introduced the theme of these chapters (arc): "Rotten Luck Runs in Threes". "One" is in reference to that.
[Linked Image] help

The town where Carlos lives has always been the Brazilian equivalent of Smallville, KS.
So, not an actual Smallville spinoff lasting ten seasons?

LOIS: [Roll Eyes] Fine. But don't say come back and beg for my forgiveness when you realize that I'm right... What AM I saying? I'm sooooo going to rub it in your face when I'm proven right.
huh

BRAZILIAN CRIME LORD: Nicolao, go up to Metropolis and teach that American playboy that he cannot defile our women and not pay for our drugs without punishment. Oh, and I hear he has just gotten engaged. I could use another woman in my stable. Bring her back to me.
laugh

quote: Why didn’t they also shoot Carlos?

Because they didn't want him dead, they wanted him to give them information.
So, you didn’t want him dead, yet. (ignores introductory remarks)

Clark isn't a good guy? But he's got the suit!
Everyone can buy one. Even Lex fantasizes of owning it.

quote: He does realize that a lot of people engage in extra-marital affairs, right?

CARLOS: <is none-too-happy about the rampant fraternization happing in big cities and small towns alike>
laugh

CLARK: Lois, I love you and I want to... AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH... my eyes! My eyes! I'm blind. Don't look, Lois, or you too will be blinded. Take me back to my apartment. We can talk in private, there.
Oops?

LEX: /holds up villain rule book and then reads/ 'Death to one's enemies must be served cold over an extended period of time as so to prolong your enjoyment and increase their torture. Pits of sharks are now considered passe.'
/holds up hero rule book/ Arrest villain while he’s still involved in setting up his way-too-complicated and elaborate plan for defiling the hero’s main squeeze and then killing the hero.

LEX: But how else is she going to show that I'm not the good guy?
He could steal a toddler’s lollipop from out of the stroller?

LEX: Nigel, I've decided to keep the Daily Planet and bomb LNN instead. Make it so.
NIGEL: Yes, sir. May I ask about this sudden change of heart?
LEX: They defiled the future Mrs. Luthor and *didn't* videotape it for my enjoyment.
laugh Also, watching TS:TNG lately, too?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.