“I thank you all for coming today for this prayer vigil for Padre Carlos. I’m sorry to announce that his condition is unchanged. Let us bow our heads.”
frown for Carlos.

He had used Padre Carlos as a sounding board and for advice, time and again,
What he made what, two vistis to Brazil before this one. Not quite "time and again".

He was surprised that man in Gotham City was still alive.
Maybe that is why there is no Batman in alt-world. He died in his first attempt and being a vigilante.

and countless number of people had been in the church since then.
Part of me thinks this should be "countless numbers of" or "a countless number of".

roughly the size as Kansas City, Wichita, and Topeka combined.
I think you want to say "the same size as".

Clark also would never be able to protect Lois properly in his stead.
I think Clark is doing very good at protecting Lois, he just needs to realize it needs to be on her terms.

“I’m so sorry, Carlos,” Clark whispered in English. If only there had been a way for him to share his powers with another, he couldn’t think of a better candidate.
Too bad canon-Lois nor canon-Clark told him about lighting power transfer.

He recalled their last conversation. Carlos had wanted him to give a vow of abstinence before marriage. Even with the curse looming over him, Clark hadn’t been able to do it.
Wait, they talked after the Lois on revenge incident. Have they met three times or just twice?

“God, if you let Carlos live, I give you my word, I’ll save myself for…” Clark murmured as his words faded into a grimace.
frown that he does not think there is a chance. He should figure if Carlos can live, then he can get Lois back. One is not a greater miracle than the other. OK, it is easy for me to write that, I know Lois loves him, but still.

With Lois as good as engaged to Luthor, his words felt like an empty promise.
He really should not have played all his cards at once.

How would he ever make love again, if it couldn’t be to Lois?
Ah, but part 2 is not the case.

Anyway, Carlos’s life deserved a much better a trade than that.
He might have a point, but still.

Lex leaned back in his office chair, puffed on his cigar, and exhaled with contentment.
Things are really dark if Lex things he is winning, of course it is partly because he is the one being fooled.

His relationship with Lois couldn’t be progressing better.
It is good to know he is fooled.

Well, other than the fact that she hadn’t yet accepted his proposal.
But if she had, he would be bored with things.

On the other hand, he hadn’t asked again either.
He will probably have to do that.

She had wanted space to think about it, so he was giving her space.
By spying on her every move?

From watching her at home this afternoon, he knew she wanted nothing more than to be the next Mrs. Luthor.
party Lois has him fooled.

John Pack Lambert