Greetings

Hattie and JJ are enjoying a quiet cup of coffee in the conference room.

Stepping back Hattie continued looking at the data. JJ put her mug in her hand and she was so focused on the data that she didn’t even take her eyes from the board as she lifted the mug mechanically to her lips and took a sip. Suddenly realizing what she had in her hand she looked at JJ and smiled her thanks.
This reminds me so much of Castle!

“There has to be another way. I’m still having some trouble thinking. Do you still have a headache?” Hattie asked.

“No, mine cleared up last night.”
These headaches are really scary .... some kind of neurotoxin on the card? Just a small guess.

Puzzled JJ said, “Two dates??? I thought that last night was our *first*.”

“Yeah, well, about that, I decided that we could count the reception as our first date, so I came back out for a goodnight kiss, but you had already left.”
Definitely Lois and Clark, Beckett and Castle. Love the banter! clap

“Okay, I’ve been going over Robbins’ financials. There’s a problem with them. It looks like his campaign war chest had been nearly empty and recently has seen a large, a very large influx of funds. I’ve traced some of the money back to some large corporations, but no where nearly enough to hang a case on.”

“What about Crane?”

“He was a recent hire. He’s only been with Robbins for five weeks. I tried to trace back to previous employers and I got nowhere.”
Robbins sold himself to a high-powered outfit, while Crane appears to be a ghost. My guess is that Crane is not his name. (Sorry for the pun.)
No doubt we will be learning more about him in the very near future?

As he was looking over her shoulder, a whistle escaped through his teeth and in a reverent tone he said, “Wow, you weren’t kidding. This *is* the mother lode.”
Mother Lode? I'm ready for the next installment!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.