Why does Hattie bother with bulky walkie-talkies. I would think it would be a lot easier to just talk on a cell phone. For that matter, couldn't she have a stop-watch app and so not have a separate stop watch as well. This may be set in about 2020, but the technology usage feels more like 1985.

Also, what is Hattie playing at with "I don't kiss on the first date", when she already kissed JJ once that day.

I am also surprised Hattie and JJ were not more proactive in investigating the possibility of an attack on the press conference.
I also thought Crane's question was a bit odd. If Kaplin and Olsen were police officers, would anyone ask if they were more than just work partners? It seemed incredibly rude at best, and I am shocked that Hattie dignified it with a response.

Well, what can I say? Hattie has known Lois for a lot of years at this point. I’m sure she and Lois have had some heart-to-heart talks about interpersonal relationships. I feel certain that Lois would have told her about all of the problems she ad Clark went through before they were finally able to get together.
Unless they had a deep talk in the last month, it is obvious that Lois has not told Lois all the issues, since a lot of those relate to CK=SM, but he is too much of a lunkhead to tell her before proposing. grumble

John Pack Lambert