Hattie and Lois are a good team, nice to see both of them interacting with Graham Kerr! It was interesting that Graham didn't hear Lois talking about scanning the cars for bombs...

“Huh? Oh. What Lois suggested got me to thinking. Where were the bombs placed? An oven timer or an egg timer will only count down so many minutes. Most will go up to an hour. What if the timer was always set to a particular time? I need a map of the city.” Looking around and spotting the gofer she shouted, “Frank! I need a city map, large format, in the conference room in five minutes!”

With a stricken look Frank looked around as if lost and because he knew how Hattie could be, said, in a tremulous voice, “I’ll try.”

“Don’t just try – do it!”
Oh, I've worked with people who pulled demands out of thin air. It never fails to bother me.

It was actually closer to ten minutes before Frank had the map and brought it to the conference room. When he dropped it off, Hattie said, “Thanks, Frank. Now, could you be a dear and bring me a cup of coffee?”
Urgh! Now she's asking him to get a coffee? My admin background is rearing its head on this one! Get your own coffee Hattie. grumble

The timing thing makes a lot of sense, but there has to be something driving him set the bombs off at this particular time.

Yummy mystery! Please sir, we all want some more!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.