Virginia
I'm so glad that Lois and Clark are back together again (with current memories intact).
After all the memory issues from the first Nightfall story, I don't have the heart to do that to Clark again. Of course, maybe I should have had him try to play a joke on Lois. He could have pretended he remembered everything before Nightfall, but nothing since – including their marriage. But no, even Clark isn't bone-head enough to think that would be funny.
I'm glad that they finally told someone else, who will be able to be Superman's "person to contact in an emergency" who will then be able to keep Lois in the loop. It's frustrating to go through a middle man, but at least Dr. Klein is someone they can trust.
Yes, I think that even super heroes need “contact in case of emergency” people. Bernie serves this role nicely. He can be the contact but has a good reason to be that person and not raise suspicions.
It sounds like Perry is getting suspicious. Jonathan must have forgotten to act sick when he arrived at the Whites' that night. Maybe he knew that Clark wouldn't have left his post without telling or leaving word with Lois.
With all that's been happening with Lois, Clark and Superman... Well, he's not editor because he can yodel.
Excuse me if I don't believe those "inquiring minds" who wanted to know about Superman's Swarm mission. Whoever they are, I don't trust them, and neither should Clark and Lois.
Sometimes a curious scientist is just a curious scientist. But then again, sometimes not. evil

Thank you all for the notes.
Chapter 8 is about ready but I don't want to get too far ahead of my support team. So it's going to be another day.

Bob