Lois refused to feel guilty about that. For one, Clark hadn’t been alone; he was with Cat. Secondly, he had Superman’s body, even if he didn’t have Superman’s memories. He could easily take care of himself, and thankfully, the assailant didn’t have Kryptonite on him.
I am surprised she does not include point 3, that Clark had insisted she leave, vigorously. Also point 4, it was Cat who let the intuder in, not Clark.

Thirdly, she had picked up Clark’s gift in Washington, D.C. after President Garner had delayed their interview for several hours.
smile1 she did remember his birthday.

Unfortunately, Lois had felt guilty about the way she had treated amnesiac Superman on the roof when he returned from dealing with Nightfall.
I am glad she feels bad about it. It was quite cruel.

She felt bad about dashing his pride for taking care of such a big problem without having his memories to guide him. He was cute like a puppy and not to blame for a mindful Clark’s repeatedly lying to her.
Plus, he did try to tell her repeatedly, she just kept cutting him off.

Guilt wasn’t a feeling she liked. It meant that she had done something wrong.
It can also be the first step to doing better in the future.

She also felt a twinge of guilt for what she would have to do while undercover, but only a twinge.
Now I wonder if things will happen close to canon. Of course, knowing that Lois is undercover, and not really in love with Luthor will make things more bearable.

She figured Clark deserved it. After all the times he had left her in the dark, he could stand in it for a while himself.
I would agree with her maybe, except this is a Clark from another dimension who has already been through so many tough times. Although this did just cause me to come up with a good question. What is the official reason for Wells chosing when he did to bring Clark to this dimension. Wouldn't Wells plan had had more chance of succeeding if Clark had shown up later when Lois had been more hardened by negative events?

She decided, though, that the least she could do was wait to tell Clark that they would have to once again slow down their relationship due to her kiss with Superman, and due the mountain of guilt she felt about that,
And she expects Clark to buy that reason, instead of just telling her he is Superman and so she has no reason to be guilty about it.

until at least the day after his birthday and until he had found his memories.
If Clark was not planning to brake up with her, I would be really worried about this.

John Pack Lambert