-- Continuation of response to John's FDK --

So he knows Lois understood, although she might be able to convince him he was confused.
LOIS: If I can't convince an amnesiac man of something, I have no right being a journalist!

Clark:Lois, you kissing me is always OK.
Except before you know that Superman is also Clark Kent, then it wasn't okay to kiss Superman.

This is going to make Clark feel even worse over the whole thing.
LOIS: <<looking innocent>> What? I took the blame.

He keeps missing telling her the most important detail.
But love is always an important detail.

Why does she go for such crazy plots?
It happens when one falls in love with a lunkhead.

I hope she at least realizes he is trying to tell her the truth, and counts it in his favor that he is trying to tell her.
At the moment, she's not allowing him to earn any points.

I guess it is good that she felt it was cheating from the perspective of convincing Clark she does not know the secret. I still think her whole plan is crazy.
TEMPUS: They never listen. I kept telling them, to make a plan work worth anything, you have to be evil. They're just too good to make any good plans.

I wish he had said "but I am Clark" here.
Superman knows brevity, but Clark doesn't remember how to be Superman.

You know if I didn't know that Lois knew I would be overjoyed for Clark. Since I know she knows and is enacting a crazy plan, I just can't build as much happiness.
Sorry, should I cut that section out of the Archive version? wink

If she had not figured it out before this might have worked.
Well, Superman did tell her once that if they kissed once, he'd never be able to stop.

I guess kiss reviving memories works a lot better in this story than it would in canon.
He worked his magic on her, now it's her turn to work her magic on him.

LOIS: Oh, please, don't talk of magic. razz

His memories are coming back strong if he realizes that was their first kiss, since he had kissed a Lois before that.
Technically, canon Lois kissed him in the Alt-DP, and he put a stop to it. They never kissed again. frown

That was one of the saddest moments yet in the story.
clap

I am not sure "sat" is the right verb there. She seemed to be doing a lot more than just sitting.
He's being polite.

Lois:I hope he rmembers more than just kissing. Oh wait, I am trying to not be too connected with him right now.
evil

It would seem a lot of kisses. Except it has alos been a long story.
I've had to take it one day at a time or I'd go evil

Good thing Lois is a better liar than Clark.
CLARK: Hey, I had her believing I was two people for months!

But weren't they only kissing out of sight from the ground? Howe would Clark have seen it.
They were still kissing when they landed on the DP roof.

My first read I wondered why Lois asked this, however on second read it made sense. She has to to maintain she does not know the truth.
Perhaps it might be easier to understand her lines if you add a sarcastic tone to them that only the Reader can hear.

He did not totally give up on telling her.
Nope.

Another plot specific call for help. <<grumble>> always stopping Clark from telling the secret.
CLARK: Yes, why can't these darn humans save themselves every once and while?

LOIS: Because you won't let us.

Please, please, no memory erase kisses. Those are horrible.
laugh Nah, I just threw that in for the Readers.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.