You know, before I say more, I just have to say that I think I would have been much more postive if Lois going off to check at the MPD had ended this part. Maybe I should have realized things were going to good and held off on reading the next part.

Clark landed in the alley behind the Daily Planet. He started spinning into his Clark clothes, only to realize that he had been wearing jeans and a t-shirt when he had met Lois in the alley. His whole bout with amnesia had screwed up his life.
I like that you make Clark have to deal with getting the right clothes. They never seemd to address that issue in canon, at all. There was the one scene where he had difficulty changing into the supersuit really early on, and that was it.

The worst thing about it was that the memories from when he was abducted were simply not there.
grumble you are doing this just so Clark does not realize that Lois being with CK is not as dangerous as it seems.

The last thing he could distinctly remember was arriving back to Metropolis after cleaning up the debris left from exploding Nightfall.
So his memory is almsot all back?

He assumed he had gone home because he not only had been found in a business suit and tie, without his uniform, but the Suit, which had fallen out of his armoire and into Jimmy’s hands, was the same one he wore to deal with Nightfall.
frown he does not remember calling Lois in preparation to telling him the secret.

Clark didn’t remember how he first met the man who had jumped off his patio, the boat, how he had ended up in the bay, or how he had been exposed to Kryptonite. It was just a great big hole.
It would be so helpful if he could remember this.

His memories began again from when he was pulled out of the water, but they were weak, blurry, and patchy.
This rememds me of the tvtropes page on amnesia. They cite Lois and Clark for a realistic portrayal of amnesia, in the case of Jimmy Olsen when he gets amnesia from his encounter with Veeda Doodsen. Unrealitic total amnesia backward from an event with nothing forward is so common, they do not bother mentioning that Lois and Clark both exhibit highly rare forms of near total amnesia.

They were weaker than the memories from Smallville when he and Lois went to deal with Trask, and even more paper-thin than those three days after that other Lois left him to return to her dimension,
So he now understands about the two dimensions. frown that he will not make any comment about her having shorter hair.

Clark spun back into his uniform and flew home… only to discover home was still a crime scene. He could either land as Superman, and answer a bunch of questions he really didn’t want to answer again at the moment about how that man had died on his watch, or he could go to the Daily Planet and hope Perry didn’t chew Clark a new one for the way he was dressed.
Couldn't he spin back into his regular, but not work clothes, and go and see if they would let him take out his work clothes as Clark?

He opted for the Daily Planet, mostly because Lois was there, and he wanted to set the record straight with her about her kiss… kisses with Superman.
hyper He still wants to tell her the truth.

He couldn’t believe what he had almost done with Lois.
hyper Clark is going to realize the curse is a lie.

Surely, Herb wouldn’t have come to him and told him not to consummate his relationship with Lois without concrete proof.
Why not. This is the guy who brought Tempus to the past. He obviously does not do the research.

He brushed that thought aside. Of course, Herb wouldn’t.
He introduced you to Lois with the intention of taking you back to a Loisless world in three months. He has deliberately fought you trying to asave your own Lois. Why do you think Herb is your friend Clark?

Then again, Herb did want him to return to his home dimension and take up the cape again there.
See, Herb wants you to leave.

Clark shook his head. No, Herb was his friend.
With friends like Heb, who needs enemies?

He wouldn’t sabotage his relationship with Lois without proof.
But is Herb's definition of proof sufficiently high.

He exhaled the very idea out of his head and continued up the stairs.
whinging wallbash This is a really, really, really stupid idea.

As Cat had said, if anyone knew his secret, Lois could be in danger from that person wanting Clark to do his bidding. Clark just couldn’t risk it. He couldn’t risk Lois.
Clark, you need to let Lois make that decision.

John Pack Lambert