Thank goodness for insomnia, right?

Corrina, you think this relationship is dissolving? Maybe, but stress on a relationship is one of the bests tests for its potential for permanence. I've told my kids multiple times that you aren't ready to marry anyone until both of you have said those eight magic words: "I was wrong. I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

John, if you read the comments to go along with the other stories, you'll find that I'm trying very hard to show Lex Luthor as a not-bad guy but not necessarily a good guy. And maybe he hasn't been arrested because of his wealth and influence, his potential to help the authorities better if he's free, and the fact that his company is one of the largest employers in the country, not just the city.

Frame, a lot can happen in sixteen parts. In fact, a lot is surely going to happen in sixteen parts.

Morgana, I've tried to portray Arianna as the consummate villain in this piece. We didn't get to see her much in the show, but she certainly wasn't a nice person in canon. I've just allowed her to take it a few steps further.

You're right that there will be fallout from the botched operation. But why would Lex ask Clark or Lois to help him? He knows that neither of them would participate in anything like this. Besides, he has grand plans which will take care of everything! He's the man! At least, he thinks he is, albeit one whose ego has been badly bent by finding out that his girlfriend can pick him up with one hand and toss him halfway around the world.

Yes, Rebecca will cling to Clark for security, especially now that she knows The Secrets. But the breakup of The Dangerous Boys won't happen all at once. Morgana is the only one who understands the urgency, and we'll see the consequences of that later on.

Good comments, y'all! Next part up soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing