I guess it does make sense that Lois would not look for Kents in Smallville. However, since he has been open about being from Smallville, it would make sense that she should at least go there to find out what there is to learn.

Well, I guess I just have to say it is a good think that this Clark has not waited as long as Canon-Clark to ask Lois out. Really how little they actually dated before getting engaged is one of the weird things about the TV show. Even if we assume that a few weeks go between "Whine, Whine, Whine" and "And the Answer Is", it seems not much. I guess if we assume WWW fits when it was shown, and ATAI is in September at the beganing of the next season, since we have to allow for the summer break somehow when they have negative time between the end of season 2 and the start of season 3, Clark proposing to Lois after they have been steadily dating for about 3 months, with a few dates before that at least makes sense.

Still, it does not make sense that he did not ask her out more in Season 1. Luthor does not really go on any dates with her between the pilot and PML. In fact the more I think about it, the more it seems that he should at least ask her out at some point in "Smart Kids". I do not know if she would have said yes or no, but especially after she is so happy he snitched evidence, he should at least try.

Someone might point out that is just after "I'Ve Got a Crush on You", when Clark throws Lois under the bus by exposing her cover. However Lois seems to have forgotten about that in "Smart Kids" and in "Green, Green Glow of Home" she may disrespect Clark, but is not treating him as a coniving traitor.

If there is one issue with Season 1 it is that the shows do not build much on each other. Missing Clark is much more internally linked than Season 1.

John Pack Lambert