"I tried to," she said bitterly. "But they wouldn't listen to me. They told me they weren't going to allow my lies to destroy the career of a fine cop."
How exactly did Lana manage that feat? The big tourist centers, they must be taking extra good care to avoid any hint of impropriety. So, did she poke around some really backwater place? Or is that whole tale something she made up in her mind and was bonkers beforehand? Plus, it sounded like she came more or less straight to Metropolis so what did she do in the weeks between? Just go on with her life and go more and more bonkers while shopping in Paris? She really should talk to Dr. Maxwell.

He stopped at the open suitcase and sprawling clothes. "All part of the ruse?"
laugh

Lois slipped into Clark's bedroom and quickly changed into the jeans, sweater, and sneakers she had left in his closet.
Umm… The bedroom’s really pretty open. She’d have to go into the bathroom or Henderson would need to promise to look the other way.

Henderson glared at Lois and shook his head. "You could have been k-"

"But I wasn't."
Maybe Clark, Henderson, and Perry should form a support group?

"So after determining that Lana was jealous enough to kill a rival for Clark's attention, you decided to provide her with another victim?" Henderson said sourly.
Duh!

"But I have a theory."
I’m guessing it has nothing to do with a clothing fetish, does it?

"I think she had it right the first time," Henderson said grimly.
hyper

Can’t wait for part 13. Wait, 13? Uh-oh!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.