What an interesting read. It took me a while to figure out what was going on. I didn't catch the 'many worlds' meaning until Clark spelled it out for me (although I have seen enough previews of Smallville to recognize "the Blur" reference). At first, I thought "Many Worlds" meant that literally, and Clark was going to run into other members of the JL hiding out in the dark universe, or other peoples from other planets, or even people from New Krypton. You had me guessing all the way.

At first I thought that this Clark might be Clark and Lois' son in a world where Lois and Clark (or Lois and Superman) hooked up before Nightfall and where Superman was lost somehow unable to stop Nightfall. Then I thought the twist would be and Paul was LnC's son (maybe I've read too many Tank stories, expecting that kind of twist). But when you said that Clark was Clark Kent, I was like HUH? He was acting more like a teenager / 20 year old than someone twice that age. Then I was wondering if CK had lost his memory all those years ago and still didn't know that he had powers, but you soon clarified that he did. Then I got all confused because Clark said he wasn't from Metropolis like Paul was. I started wondering if Paul was the Paul from Lois' college days and by that point I was clap Thank you for taking me down your rabbit hole. I didn't know where I was going most of the time, but I liked where I ended up.

PS: Has it really been a year?! Nah! I guess it hasn't felt that long, because I keep reading your stories over on the Archives. I hope this means you've finally torn down that wall. dance Welcome back!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.