Clancy glanced down at a control screen in front of him.
Oooh...

“It’s show time.”
Hmmm...

With a heavy sigh, Clark turned and started back. “We don’t want to get separated,” he called to his friend. “It’s past curfew now. If we get picked up…”
Sounds like the universe in V for Vendetta.

“You never know,” Paul replied, as he continued to poke around and look through the debris. “I’ve heard stories of cans of food and sometimes even some stuff of real value that people find buried in places like this.”
Sooo...Nightfall happened but some people survived?

“…said they were in the area. Two males. Probably kids looking for trouble.” Then Clark heard another voice respond. “They found it.”
Not good.

They were watching the street for anyone trying to get across.
Whoopsie!

“They won’t hit me and they won’t catch me. Besides, I don’t have any ties to Metropolis. If they catch you, then your family and all their friends will attract the attention of the Patrol. I can’t let that happen.”
Even in this messed up universe, Clark is still Clark.

He heard two more shots and felt both hit him right in the center of the back of his head. Well, no harm done.
razz

Tonight was a right-of-passage night. Yesterday she’d been a student and tomorrow she’d be the newest member of the Daily Planet’s news team.
Oooh!

During the day, the city was grey and hard. At night, the neon transformed the featureless grey walls into color-filled mosaics.
I really love the imagery here.

What amazed her was that the second version of ‘LL’ was almost exactly the way she sometimes wrote her initials. And that shade of purple was her favorite color.
Excellent!

“I’m sorry, miss,” he said, somewhat defensively. “But it’s a rule in Many Worlds that we never reveal that until your second time here. I hope you enjoy our little establishment enough to grace us with another visit. I promise that if you don’t know by then, I’ll tell you who they are myself.”
clap

“I guess I can live with that,” Lois said with a resigned shrug.
Not quite our Mad Dog Lane yet, huh?

Okay, he was very good looking.
Understatement of the century. laugh

“You’re kidding. It’s not the LL is it?”
Let me guess. He's head of the Empire? wink

“So you don’t think I’m attractive?” Lois asked as she took a bite from her sandwich.

Clark’s eyes went wide. “What? No. You’re very…” he stuttered out, clearly flustered. “Why would you think that?” he finally forced out.

“I thought that when a guy met a pretty girl in a bar, one of his goals was to encourage her to drink too much.”
clap

It got him here 35 years late, but he got here.
Ah, I was wondering about that.

As the device came to the region that had been the catalyst for this enterprise, both Ben and Clancy looked carefully to discover the results of their effort.
clap

What a fun little story! Very enjoyable!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon