The email server had gone down. They apologised for the inconvenience and regretted to inform their valued customers that accounts would be inaccessible until the problem had been rectified.
Thought so! laugh

"What could possibly be in your inbox that you don’t want me to see?" she asked. "Do you have a story?"
Erm, no.

Hopefully, over the course of an entire lunch, he would be able to find a way to ask Lois for a date.
The waiter is going to spill something on Lois and get her all riled up again, huh?

His optimism lasted less than ten seconds – razed by the peal of her phone. Clark clenched his fists in frustration as Lois turned away to answer it.
frown

"No – just the opposite," she said with a smile. "Let’s go."
laugh

But attempt five was looking decidedly promising.
Famous last words...

"He says Derrick Renouf is currently having coffee in the Cafe Grand with a woman who is not his wife."
Annnnnnd lunch just became a stake out.

"What does that mean?" Clark asked, thinking of how often Lois put her hand on his arm.
Exactly.

"Nothing."
frown

Clark took a deep breath and plunged in. "Lois, would you go -"

"Ms Lane," came a deep voice from behind him.
clap

The coffee boy consulted his flashy gold watch. "I'm going to be late," he wailed. "I have an important event this evening. It starts in four hours, and it's going to take ages to clear this road." His eyes turned on Superman. "You could help," he said. "You could fly me home. This is a crisis. It's crucial I look my absolute best, and -"
Man, this kid is beyond annoying.

Her head spun to where Perry was storming out of his office, heading straight for them. Clark stared at his editor with abject disbelief.
Perry Interruptus!

"Do you have plans for this evening?" Perry asked her.
Well, she *would* have, if you'd taken 30 seconds longer.

"You want Lois to go with Jimmy?" Clark said with squeaky incredulity.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Clark groaned in silent dismay. He had hoped that Lois would be on a date with him tonight. Instead, she would be dancing with some extravagantly rich guy from out of town.
*snicker*

The doors closed. His hopes lay in a shattered heap.
*gives Clark a hug*

He had tried all day, but every single attempt had been thwarted before he'd reached the question mark.
The Mythbusters say "Failure is always an option." (Watching them in the background)

Above the Regency Rooms.

Within one glance of spying on Lois.
laugh

In the arms of the coffee boy.
Coffee boy isn't what he seems!

Ack! Can't wait for more!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon