Lois looked stunned. More than stunned. In shock. Had she completely forgotten about Clark in the presence of his tights wearing alter-ego? Were they boyfriend and girlfriend? Or were they just dating, but not exclusive?
Somebody just stepped into a biiiig pile of doodoo.

he asked, feeling like he was standing on the edge of lover’s leap, his life hanging on her answer.
I'm sorry, Lois. I *tried* to make a dramatic gesture but I just keep floating.

Oh, God, had Lois fallen for Superman?
Serves him right.

Yep. No doubt about it. Clark Kent was back in the doghouse, his conscience informed him.
Now, if he could just figure out why confused Poor Clark. He really does need a manual with lots of colorful pictures and no words.

“What else has he been lying to me about? Maybe he has girlfriends all over town for all I know.” She stopped abruptly again and patted Superman’s cheek. “Even you, wholesome cowboy, had lipstick on your cheek when you visited me after the press conference earlier. Are you hiding another life as well or is what I see what I get with you too?”
Oh dear oh dear.

“I bet it wasn’t ‘nothing’ to your girlfriend,” hollered Lois, storming off.
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

“I don’t have…”
Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.

“You don’t have a girlfriend, Superman? How convenient for you. Maybe I’ll dump Clark and the two of you can hit the town together, trolling for women.”
Yup, he really stepped into it this time.

Oh, that went badly, Flyboy. Get yourself out of that one.
/looks over Clark's shoulder, takes instruction manual on how to dig out of a hole, flips it top side up, hands it back/

Anything that wasn’t about his private life.
Yeah. Right. Like *that's* got the chance of a plant on Lois's desk.

Clark knew he probably shouldn’t have let that wave hit her. But she really needed to cool off, flirting the way she had with Superman. His green-eyed monster had just taken over and held him back from reacting in time.
Also, light summer dress, lot's of water, deserted beach equals lot's of fun time for the budging couple.

You got your punishment though, didn’t you, Kent? That dress was practically see-through when wet.
Poor Clark.

Yeah, Flyboy, what does Clark call you? Oh, yeah. Me, myself and I.
Not to forget, Yours truly.

“Do you have other cool tricks?”

Clark raised an eyebrow at her terminology. “Dogs do ‘tricks’, Lois. I have abilities.”
And yet, he's really good at 'fetch Lois' and 'fetch chocolate'.

He smiled at her, tempted to kiss that slight pout off her lips.

You aren’t allowed to kiss Lois, Flyboy. She’s Clark’s girlfriend, he reminded himself.
But it would still be verrrrry interesting goofy

“Don’t tell Clark, but I can so see us skinny-dipping at a deserted beach like this. Making love on the sand.” She closed her eyes and moaned a little. “Well, not right on the sand, definitely on a blanket – otherwise too gritty.”
goofy

Oh, course not. Hello? Anyone home, Lois? Kal is Clark!
/Hands Ivy the classifieds in case she's looking for a new place to stay/ Or she could haunt Jimmy laugh

“I hope I never come between Clark and one of his girlfriends.”
Baaaaaad choice of words.

“No! Absolutely not. Hypothetical future girlfriends.”
Woooooorse choice of words.

“He wants nothing more than to spend the rest of his life proving to you that he’s worthy of your love, but…”
Umm...

Clark loves you? stammered her inner voice in shock. Clark loves you enough to spend the rest of his life with you? Clark wants to marry you?
Looks like we found something to shut Ivy up wave

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.