Here we go again. Oh dear. Oh dear.
and she still has some of Lois's S1 nastiness.
*hugs nasty Lois*

Whoever the thief was, they were fast.
So, who’s gonna figure it out first? And will Lucy start banging her head against a wall when Replacement-Lois starts getting mind-spied on. /mutters about having blocked out the name of Jr.’s toy./

. Gareth was standing next to Lois, talking to her, waving a hand in front of her face. She looked catatonic.
Oh dear.

“Thank God, Clark. Maybe you can do something. I think I broke her. Sorry.”
Umm… ‘sorry’? Does he really think that’s a wise and *safe* thing to say to Clark at this moment? Oh, and clap

Usually, there’s a funny story when best friends meet. It becomes an anecdote and everyone laughs. I didn’t realize your story wasn’t one of those.”
clap

Had they met before Singapore? Did she remember and told Gareth? “Go on.”
DunDunDunDun!

“I knew she must have a reason for covering herself up like that, I thought she was pregnant, but it stems back to that night, doesn’t it?
Yep. Shoe fits. Must be Cinderella.

That kind of terror scars a woman for life. I saw it countless times back in London.”

What had Lois told him?
Clark! *Think* Those hints should be enough to give you instant nightmares, oh world-travelled reporter and superhero.

“It’s probably just low blood sugar, she’ll be fine,” he reassured him.

“Clark, she hasn’t moved in over an hour.”
Well. Robot. No fuel. Duh!

“Honey?”

She blinked, once and then once again. Clark turned to Gareth and smiled. His boss looked relieved.
clap So, only motor functions shut down while in energy conservation mode. Brain is still powered up.

“It’s just a job, right? It doesn’t mean anything, really? A person is more than what they do,” she said in reply.
confused

“A person can start over, become someone else, if the motivation is strong enough. It’s that or death, because that life would be worse than death.” He saw an epiphany light up her eyes. “I could die.”
I’m getting a vibe there. It’s either him or her. And killing him is supposedly not okay with the authorities.

“Oh?” Lois turned and waved at her boss who was still staring at them from his office. Hesitantly, he waved back. She looked at Clark once more.
Thinking about running back to Jolly Old?

It’s you. Perry knew; that’s what he was trying to tell me.”
Huh. Did you leave hints before? Big, broad, flashing hints that I missed?

Her brow furrowed. “Mad? Why would I be mad, Clark?”

OK, Lois didn’t know about Superman;
/buzzzzzz/

What? “That makes no sense.”
Well… It’s one of those Lois days.

“Lois Lane,” he growled. Every one of them.
clap

Lucy watched as she went over to her room and returned with a box of chocolates.

“You still have some left? I thought we polished them off the other day.”

Lois smiled. “Not yet. He really outdid himself.”
clap

“Two years, though, Lucy? Come on. Didn’t the wow factor kind-of give him away?”

“Wow factor?” Lucy shook her head, confused.

Lois mouthed the word ‘Wow.’
laugh Umm…

Lois’s jaw dropped. “Two years?” She patted Lucy’s arm in sympathy. “I’m so sorry.”
Lois! She is a *naughty* one, that one.

“Three years!”
And now her world comes apart at the seams. Although, she went three years without, too. Better not tell her that Lucy went much, much longer than that.

“Oh, my God!” Lois giggled. “You mean, he was.”
Yes. Canon-Lois is known for breaking-in the Kryptonian merchandise. You may send her a thank-you card later.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.