One of the officers--or maybe she was a paramedic--gave us more advice on how to warm up.
Cuddle up with hot chocolate and lot's of body heat?

It took a long moment for me to remember how to move, to strip and step into the shower and turn the water on as hot as it would go.
And poor Clark's got to wait out there in the cold cold living room. clap

"The best." The slightest flicker of uneasiness ghosted across his face. "The kind I never thought could be real."

I slipped my hand free of his in order to turn his face toward me. "This *is* real, Clark."

"I hope so. We'll see."
So much double meaning clap

"I couldn't sleep last night either," I added hurriedly, wanting to erase that look from his eyes.

"I wasn't in the room," he observed quietly.

"I know." I refused to let him look away. "That's *why* I couldn't sleep."
Awwwwwww

"Lois...there's something I need to tell you. It's about...why I left Metropolis with Superman. He and I...well, you see, he's my
other half."

I could have screamed in frustration.
Clark already had a boyfriend!

"No," I said when Clark swallowed and stared down at his hands. "But he'll turn up."
/Starts wondering.../ Say, you're not Tank's pseudonym, are you?

"It may take a lot of explaining, some concessions, and no small amount of legal blackmail, but I'm confident that he'll soon realize helping us is in his best interest."
Well, there's always the tortursome interrogation.

he doesn't give the criminals a chance to turn themselves over, he's quicker to tie them up and leave them without a word."
I'm guessing that's an improvement over tossing them into the back of a jail truck. Hey, I just had a thought. MPD could always erect criminal receptacles in the city: 20 feet high cylinders with a hatch at the bottom and an open top. Readily placed next to banks, parks, and strategic other positions.

"I'll ask him. I'll ask him why he told us about the Kryptonite. If he gives a satisfactory answer, we'll know he's okay. If he doesn't...well, we'll help him. No matter what it takes."
/Starts wondering about the sequel/

But the next time a moment like that came, I promised myself, I would *not* let it slip away unused.
Famous last words laugh

clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.