Coward, I named myself silently. That was enough, fortunately, to galvanize me into action. Nobody called Lois Lane a coward--not even me.
hyper

"There's no longer any reason to worry about the so-called law. Ever since Mr. Luthor acquired his newest employee, things have been looking up for all our interests."
Okay, that's a reader's clue.

"I thought that wasn't working out as well as hoped."
So, how exactly does he work? /mutters about having to go through the pains of actually *reading* all those parts to find out/ wink

"Well, there are still a few bugs to be ironed out."
Better hypnosis artist?

His hands were balled into fists, and it was a good thing he wasn't the one with heat-vision considering how intently he glared in the direction of the yacht.
Now, wouldn't that be fun, if the yacht suddenly blew up?

"I hired the men to follow that photographer just as he asked."
Oh dear! I actually just figured, it's been four days or so, and if Jimmy had to drive cross country... Or down to the southern tip of Chile...

Bender backed away. "It has been! I told you over the phone--they'll be on their way back to Metropolis with proof they've completed their end of the bargain as soon as they let the kid lead them to whatever he was sent to find."
hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.