Great beginning, and I love the length of the part--leaves lots for me to read without having to wait!

I, too, really liked the idea of the list of excuses, though from her manner toward him there at the beginning, I was putting it sometime in the first season or very early second season, so I was surprised to hear it was later.

I love that Clark is so careful with his handwriting--it was amazing the way you wove in all the ways she thought of getting a sample only to be blocked before hand. It shows that Clark really is smart, something I think is often ignored and that I love seeing brought out.

The byplay between Mayson and Lois was very well played. I've never liked Mayson (to me, if a guy never actually goes out on a date with you unless dragged and keeps looking at his partner uncomfortably when you're around, you're just asking to be disappointed), but I like how you brought out their differences and, even though Mayson is even blinder than Lois as regards Superman, she was able to shed a bit of light on Lois's relationship with Clark, which was very cool.

I felt bad for Clark--especially after the terror he must be feeling to have found her list of excuses. It's nice that she called him--that surely went a long way toward reassuring him, though she asked some questions that might make him continue to wonder if she knows his Secret.

Really great story--I'm looking forward to the next part!