Yes, well worth the wait indeed! So many great little moments! I'd have to nearly quote half the story to mention all of them... but some of my favs... the whole teddy thing--and so many other little moments... But mostly how you got their characters right on the nail. This response from Clark is a classic example:
"But you didn't really answer my question. Why me?"

"You're Lois Lane," he said like that could explain everything.
And surely it does explain it all. laugh

And typical Lois:
He loved her! Lois had known he did; known that he had to, but it was still thrilling to actually hear him say the words.

"I--." Once again, her lips just wouldn't form the words that her entire being was practically shouting. All she had to do now was repeat the words back to him, but she couldn't do it. Instead her hands started to shake and a cold sweat broke out on her skin.

"I--," she tried again and, finally, words poured out of her. "I wish I would have had some gloves, you know? I got lots of splinters and, uh, I think I still have a few I couldn't get out."
Humorous and sweet--as it lead to Clark helping with those pesky splinters and Lois eventually saying what was in her heart. thumbsup

And then the cataloging of the rules at the end--loved it!
I need to go back and read the whole story again, though I remembered bits from some of the references in this part. Anyway, so glad to finally get closure on this story--even if it's sad to see it end!

Thanks for a great tale, Sue!! clap clap clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink