It was empty and neatly made. I didn't hear any sign of Clark.

<Do you know why I'm up before you almost every day? Do you know why I can't sleep without being able to see you?>
Oh, so we get it piecemeal?

Wishing I could simply stop thinking--wishing I had never read that letter--I quickly washed and dressed.
Wonder what/how much he had really written?

he hadn't shaved again. What so scared him about that simple act?
Is it psychological? Or is he trying to hide?

I dared not look toward the wastebasket where I had rearranged strips of torn, handwriting-covered paper over the top to hide that I had stolen his secrets from him.
I did wonder.

"Everything's fine," I assured him hastily, tasting the bitterness of the lie.
It's really ominous? How much has Clark spilled? Is it so jumbled up that she wouldn't believe it or is she just wearing her XL-blinders again.

"They have to know already that something's wrong--I've only written two articles in the past week.
*G* And Bobby must be already on artificial nutrition.

<At worst, you'd think I'm crazy--as if I could disprove that one the way I am now! At best, you'd accuse me of-- >

My grip on the phone tightened until it was a physical pain, ripping me from the memory of the words seared into my mind. "I'm scared for him," I whispered into the phone. "He's so different, Perry. Luthor...changed him."
razz Umpf... Excuse me, I'll... have to ... clean something up there. Hmm... when did I eat *that*...

If I was, I was quickly brought back down to earth by the sight of Clark standing in exactly the same place Superman had stood just moments earlier. Only, the glow of the humming water beside him cast shadows across his face rather than giving him an otherworldly air.
Did he see them? And I'm sure he looks just like Superman did. It's just, he's got insipid mudbrown eyes, while Superman's are a beautiful brown, all sparkling and lively.

How could I know that it didn't involve Kryptonite and a private meeting with a man he no longer believed was Superman?
/shakes head/ He wouldn't really be able to hold it. Maybe, if he carried it in a lead box, locked them into a room, and opened it there...

“But I'll hope. That's something I *can* do. Besides...it's the only power I have left.”
I didn't expect we'd see the entire letter hyper And I just did a numbers check. You really did an awesome midpoint there notworthy So, now comes the attack?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.