This was beautiful, Deadly Chakram! It brought tears to my eyes, all of it building until the moment when he flies up to that void between space and Earth and knew he was entirely separate.
Thanks so much Anti-K! I figured that if Clark ever felt like a complete outcast, it would be at this very moment.

I think you captured his thought process very well, and I like how you brought in the events from the show. The correlation to his parents was very touching and not something I'd ever seen put into words like that before.
Thanks again! I haven't really read any stories that deal with what Lois and Clark feel about their (supposed) infertility ('cause we all know they are going to have babies so Utopia can come about). That's one of the reasons why I wanted to write this fic (plus, my own, personal reasons as stated above). I agree, I've also never seen another author make the connection between Clark and his parents in quite this way (I'm sure *someone* has but I haven't found it yet).

But it always struck me that wow, the Kents couldn't conceive on their own or adopt (not sure if the adoption thing is canon or fanon at this point) and poor Clark is stuck in the same boat.

The conclusion was perfect. I love that he found that spark of hope--that he does so is so much an integral part of his character--and that though it didn't immediately make him feel better, it did hold him together. And the last line--beautiful! (I also really like the title!)
Thanks again! (Wow, I wind up thanking you a lot!!!) laugh

Lois is definitely the glue that holds Clark together in his darkest hours. And I couldn't see Clark as just giving up completely. As someone going through this right now, it's almost impossible for me to imagine ever giving up completely, even though for me, it's been 14 months of disappointment. Glad you found that this worked for Clark. smile

The title took some time to reveal itself to me - I was halfway done with part one when I was finally inspired. I like the title too. wink

I can't wait to read the second part! Praying that a miracle comes to you!
Part two should be up in another day or two. I just finished it right before I posted part one, so I want to re-read and edit it one more time before I post.

Thanks so much for the kind words as well. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon