Glad to hear that Clark is feeling better. Now if Lois could just heal her heartache.

“What’s this business about needing more time before you told me? How much time did you’d think I’d need? Our relationship didn’t start with our first date – you of all people should know that. Yet that’s the reference point you’re using.“ She moved closer to him. “I knew I had deeper feelings for you right before my wedding to Lex. You’re the reason I called it off.”

“Really?” His eyes brightened. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I believe you interrupted me and claimed you lied about your feelings for me,” Lois reminded him.

“Oh, yeah. I did.”
Lois makes a really good point and all Clark can say is... "Oh, yeah."??? :rolleyes: Clark. Clark. Clark.

“Lois, when you were with Luther, was it hard to tell if you liked him for himself or for his power and money?”

Offended, she replied, “What does that have to do with anything? And I am NOT shallow.”

“I didn’t mean it that way. I mean, if I were him, I’d wonder about that with any woman.”

“Clark, all women aren’t like that. Well, I’m not like that.”

“I’m not saying they are. I guess…” Struggling to find the words, he explained, “If I were Luther or some famous athlete or movie star or some hot shot CEO, I’d want to know that you loved me. Not the money or the power or the lifestyle. Me.”
Clark makes a very good comparison here. I never thought of it like that. In that way, he (Superman he) is like Lex Luthor. I could see why he wanted to make sure of Lois's commitment to Clark before telling her the truth.

Yes, I agree, Lois is about to get herself into trouble. <<shakes head>>> Lois. Lois. Lois.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.