Synopsis of Missing Lois

It has been brought to my attention that my story Missing Lois is quite complex and that some readers might find it helpful if I include a synopsis after each chapter to help clarify things. (Or in case, some new readers want to jump in mid-story.)

I will post a new entry of the previous chapter after posting the first part of the next chapter. (i.e. so when I post Chapter 4 - part 1, I will also add a Chapter 3 summary to this synopsis and so on.)

If you do want to read my story from the beginning, go to: Missing Lois - TOC

Chapters One and Two:

Lois and Clark made love the night before he departed for New Krypton, leaving Lois pregnant and cursed. When Lois found out she was five weeks pregnant, H.G. Wells showed up and informed her that she was cursed to die in childbirth. He also told her that Clark would not return to Earth until the day of her funeral and would then discover her and the baby’s deaths, causing him to hang up his red cape forever.

Lois agreed to move to the alternate dimension with the other Clark to avoid this curse. Martha, Clark’s mom, was told about the baby when Lois brought her in as the only person in her dimension who knew where the real Lois went. Meanwhile, alt-Clark came into Lois’s dimension and rescued a Lex-kidnapped, clone-stalked, pre-Wanda Detroit, non-cursed Lois from the past to sub in for her while she was in the other dimension. Lois wrote her substitute a journal to fill-in her missing memories for those three months (except her night of bliss with her Clark, which she left out).

(Until otherwise noted in the synopsis, Clark will be referred to as ‘canon Clark’ or ‘her Clark’ and alt-Clark will be referred to just as ‘Clark.’)

In the alternate dimension, Lois first moved in with Clark only to discover it was much too close for comfort as their attraction for each other was still quite strong. They agreed that they should treat each other as if the two Clarks were twin brothers (i.e. she was essentially Clark’s sister-in-law) to keep the boundary line nice and defined. Lois also agreed to call her Clark ‘Kal,’ around Clark, so he didn’t get confused when she talked about loving ‘Clark.’ (Although, when Lois wrote to her Clark in her ‘Dear Clark’ journal, she called him ‘Clark’ and Clark ‘Kal.’) Lois also realized that when she slept, she relived her stand-in’s daily memories as dreams, allowing her to know what was going on in her own dimension.

Lois found Jaxon Xavier working at the Daily Planet. Then she told Mayor Perry White, DP owner James Olsen and Clark that Jaxon was Lex Luthor’s son and that Luthor may have had something to do with the disappearance of their Lois Lane (although there was no proof to back up her harebrained theory). It was only a ruse to get them to hire her on at The Planet as Clark’s Research Assistant. Lois also told them that she had been the one who impersonated their Lois back in February during the mayoral election (“Tempus Anyone?”) as a way to fish out Lois’s real killer or kidnapper, but in fact her true identity was ‘Lucy El,’ a college buddy of Clark’s, who not only happened to be a vegetarian (an excuse due to an unexpected bout of morning sickness), but also a recovering alcoholic. Lois’s secret identity of Lucy El wore John Lennon glasses, no make-up, baggy clothes (to hide the pregnancy), and clunky clogs, and spoke with a Southern-type accent. Perry recognized that Lucy El was pregnant, but thought Clark was the father. Perry convinced James to let Lois sublet their missing Lois’s apartment in the building that James both lived in and owned.

Clark, Lois soon realized, had a huge crush on his missing Lois, having gone to the Congo as part of the initial team of reporters Perry sent to locate her. So while Lois looked at Clark and saw her Clark; Clark looked at Lois and saw his alt-Lois.

Lois also found the missing Lois’s father, Sam Lane – a homeless, recovering alcoholic - at the Fifth Street Mission. She moved him into her (alt-Lois’s) apartment, at first pretending that she was his other missing daughter, Lucy Lane. This ploy didn’t last long after she asked him to be her pregnancy doctor and Sam located in the apartment some photos that she had brought along with her from her dimension. Clark and Lois came clean to Sam about her true identity and her real life with her Clark/Superman in her dimension. The truth was hammered into Sam when he met Moonbeam (Alt-Star), a psychic divorce attorney, who told him that they would need canon Lois to help Clark find Sam’s missing daughter, Lois. Moonbeam was a lot more grounded than Star and recognized Lois as her true self, but from another dimension.

Jaxon’s older brother ‘Junior’ was angry with Superman, because on the day he appeared, his Neuroscanner stopped working (the last image shown on the monitor had been Superman’s face). He had been using the Neuroscanner to control his step-Mom. (Yes, the Neuroscanner is that same horrible device the Lex Luthor, Jr -- from her home dimension -- would use on Lois in “Voice from the Past” that allowed him to see through her eyes, hear through her ears, and gave her migraine headaches whenever he choose.) For revenge on busting his Neuroscanner, Junior shot Clark’s best friend – and one of his rumored girlfriends -- ‘Lucy El’ (aka canon Lois). But as it happened, on that day, Lois faded in and out of existence due to her younger substitute in her dimension being electrocuted by the Wedding Destroyer. The shot therefore went right through her shoulder and into Jaxon who was standing behind her. While visiting him in the hospital, Clark used his intense Superman stare to get Jaxon to tell him about his crazy brother (Jaxon didn’t know that Clark knew about Lex Luthor) and the Neuroscanner.

Despite rumors linking him romantically to his friend Lucy El, Clark actually had just started dating Mayson Drake, a detective on the police force. Mayson, true to form, really liked Clark but only tolerated his alter-ego Superman (despite knowing they were really the same person). When he learned from an over-heard telephone conversation between Jaxon and Junior that Junior was after his girlfriend, Clark went to warn Mayson. During that conversation he gave her a heated kiss, thereby letting her know how much he cared for her. Photos of this kiss, spread like wild-fire across the tabloids. To try to throw the tabloids off his and Mayson’s scent, Clark agreed to auction himself off on 50 (platonic) dates for charity, hoping that no one would notice Mayson in the crowd of other dates.

After a wonderful long weekend of dreaming of her honeymoon with her Clark in her dimension, as her dreams were actually memories from her substitute, Lois returned to work and enlightened James on her marital status. (So, now, James knew she was married, but didn’t know she was pregnant and Perry knew she was pregnant, but thought that Clark was the father and didn’t know she was married to another man.) Lois discovered that society-celebrity-gossip columnist Cat Grant had been put in charge of organizing Clark’s charity auction dates.

When Clark tried to rope Lois into being one of his dates to a charity function several months in advance, Lois reminded him that H.G. Wells, her Clark, and her substitute had eliminated the curse and she could be return to her dimension at any time. Clark reminded her that she would need to come up with a way to convince her stand-in self to leave her husband Clark and return to the worst day of her life (kidnapped by Lex, chased by her clone, hit by a car, and in the amnesia-hell of Wanda Detroit), because without her stand-in’s consent Clark refused to help her return her old self to her rightful place in the time-line.

Thank you for your interest in my story and I hope this was helpful.

Please leave any FDK Comments here: Comments

If you are ready to jump into Chapter 3, you can do so here: Chapter 3: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back (1/10)

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/04/14 02:47 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.