Missing Lois - TOC

Taste of Bye-Bye Baby, Good-Bye, Part 3

Martha offered to make scrambled eggs for Lois the next morning, but the thought of it seemed to make the woman’s anxious stomach rebel.

She was cleaning up the dishes from Lois’s bananas and yogurt, when the phone rang. Thinking that Lois was still in the shower, Martha had picked up the extension in the kitchen. Only she had been a moment too late.

“Hello?” Lois’s voice could be heard on the line.

“Ms. Lane?”

“Mr. Wells.” Lois sighed in relief. “I’m ready.”

“Good. Good. I wish we could have found another solution to the curse, Ms. Lane, but in this instance, time is not on our side.”

Curse? Martha mouthed to herself.

“I wanted to talk to you about that, but…” Lois hesitated. “… at the meeting place.”

“You said something about a change in rendezvous, yesterday.”

“Oh, right. Are you familiar with the old Lex Towers?” Lois asked, then plowed ahead without waiting for his answer, describing the bunker built underneath. “Do you think you’ll be able to meet us there? It’s more private.”

“I believe so.” Mr. Wells paused. “Us?”

“I told Martha, Clark’s mom, everything,” Lois explained. “She’ll be the… contact… here.”

Martha could tell Lois was still afraid to go into detail. Was her paranoia not just a diversion, then?
Thank you all for the kind comments to my first part of Chapter 1.

As you can tell from the snippet above, I like to have telephone conversations and conversations overheard, partially italicized to help keep it in the reader's mind that the both people in the conversation are not in the same room / location as the POV person. If you find this annoying, I apologize.

A few people wondered in the previous part's comments about my writing background and guessed that I might have written other fan fiction. I started writing novels in high school (a long, long time ago). I have completed two novels (unpublished), one contempory romance and one Regency romance (which is about as close to fan fiction as I've ever written).

After rediscovering Lois & Clark (thank you, Netflix) last fall and watching the entire series within a month, I was addicted. I found the L&C Archive and started reading the stories posted there and was biten by the writing bug, again.

It always annoyed me in reading reviews (not from the L&C fansites) about how the show went downhill after Lois and Clark got together. Hollywood always assumes the chemistry disappears after characters acknowledge their love and/or have children; how there isn't anything more to say about the characters, how to keep the romanctic suspense alive if everyone knows they are going to live happily ever after. My story hopefully will show Hollywood how to think outside that box.

I also tried to think of this as an actual show... to give the 'actors' new and interesting character motivations to keep them on their toes. I try to keep both Lois and Clark in every part of the story. If it's not the original Clark or Lois, then it's the alternate Clark or alternate Lois. The hardest part of that aspect was the supporting cast, so please let me know if I've really dropped the ball in that respect.

I hope you enjoyed part 2 of Chapter 1 and I'll post again before the weekend.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/03/14 08:30 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.