Are there many other activities that make it okay to be called evil? When I started writing, my family kept calling me the same thing and giving me feedback much like yours--though without the fun smiley faces--and I thought it was unusual. I mean, I certainly didn't go around calling my favorite authors evil, sadistic, and cruel. However...that was a while ago, and I have to say, I've started taking it as a compliment when people call me evil. So, thank you, all. I guess that means you care about the characters--and I haven't ruined them! smile1

I adore Clark, Jackiek, and I did want to show that he can be justifiably confident in his powers. After all, if anyone else had those powers, we'd all need to be terrified; with him, it's just cool.

The cliff-hangers really weren't intended--honestly, they were just a result of the alternating POVs. You all believe that, don't you? wink

Thanks so much, everyone, for the wonderful compliments--and the comment about BNA, Darth Michael. Even if it never happens, it's amazing to know you thought of me. So glad you guys weren't scared off by the wait, and thanks again for commenting. (I know I said that already, but it's so much harder not to repeat myself in these replies than in the story, isn't it?)