"No. I meant, how do you recover so quickly from all these attempts on your life? Anyone else would be shaking for the next hour or so. *I'm* still shaking. Yet you always just shrug it off."

As if to prove his words, she shrugged. "I've had practice with that too. Really, Clark, it's over and done with. And trust me, I have much better things to think about."
I'm with scifiJoan - I love this! Lois has come to accept attempts on her life as just part of the job!

What's with the phone hang-up click? Was someone activating listening devices? Are they checking to see if L&C are at home?

And yay for the Metropolitans. They know what a great guy Superman is. Yes, he's an alien but he's *their* alien. They're not going to let the Mayor run him out of town. It sounds as if the Mayor is taking some well-deserved flak.

You know, one thing I'm wondering about - will the mayor face any kind of legal action? After all, for setting up the situation where Clark gets shot by a kryptonite bullet, the Mayor could be charged with premeditated murder!

(Hmm... there's a plotbunny! What if Lois takes this and pushes to get the Mayor put on trial for arranging Superman's shooting?)