Thanks for the feedback. I hope everyone if having a great start to your new year. The story is moving along nicely and I’m certain that I’ll be able to maintain a posting rate of better than one part per week for the rest of the story.

Thanks also to IolantheAlias and Happy Girl for taking time from their holiday to beta this story.

Iolanthe:
Sammy popped up in When the Sky Falls and I’ve always wanted to develop him more. As for who Sal is, all I’m willing to say now is that may come up in the future but no promises.

Framework4:
Thank you. I hope the story remains interesting as we move forward.

DW:
It won’t be too long before we find out what Clark is doing. Thanks for the note.

mozartmaid:
When I look back at the S1 episodes, I always thought that the chemistry between them was very obvious and glowed like a beacon in the dark. I’ve been revisiting Dandello’s “Plane Storm” and there is a paraphrase of a line by Elie Wiesel that I love that I think applies. The original quote goes:
“The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.”
Whatever else was going on in S1, they were NOT indifferent to each other. I always thought that all of their associates, including their sources, would see what was going on.

HappyGirl:
Thank you for your help with these portrayals.

Again, thank you all. Part 4 is coming together and should be ready in another day or two.

Bob