Huh, looks like I'm a tad late for the party blush

“May I cut in?”

Mayson, she thought as her heart sank. Lois looked to Clark, hoping that he would send the blonde DA away.

With no such refusal forthcoming, Lois mustered her most gracious façade. “Of course not,” she replied, stepping out of the way. She would do what was best for Clark because she loved him.
Now that Mayson's exonerated even to Lois, she must feel really defeated. After all, as long as Mayson was a crook, all Lois had to do was to prove to Clark that Mayson's a bad apple. But now, all she can do is fight fair (or not so fair) or just accept the inevitable. Huh, suddenly I'm reminded of a certain visit to Centennial Park a view months earlier.

“Just a minute,” she managed, scrubbing at her eyes to remove the evidence of her tears. “Clark,” she said in surprise. “What are you doing here? I thought…I mean….”
Huh, Clark's here? That's a new one. Wonder how things are going to play out.

She saw just a trace of some unidentified emotion cross his visage before he returned her smile in earnest. “This isn’t dancing,” he ventured.

“It’s not?” she asked, wondering where he was going with this conversation.

“No, this is dancing,” he told her, gravity disappearing at his command.
Now, would you look at that laugh

“I see,” she managed, the implication making her a bit dizzy. “Is that your only secret?”

“No.”

“No?” she asked wide-eyed.

Seeming to sense her fear, he replied soothingly. “I have only lied to you intentionally about one thing, Lois, but there are some facets of my life that you don’t know about yet.”

“Like what?” she asked, her curiosity piqued.

“Oh, no,” he said, smiling as he warned her off. “You’re going to have to do a lot more research if you want to find out those details.”
Research, huh...?
and I've also penned a couple of nfics on this board.
Hmm... clap
“I love you, Lois,” he told her earnestly.

“I love you, too, Clark. Always.”
Awwww

Sweet ending, befitting the rest of the story clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.