“By this reckoning, the Black Knight’s sins *are* heavy,” Clarkent murmured to himself. He wanted to counter Gawain’s claims--wanted to tell him the truth of what had happened--but it was dangerous for him to claim knowledge he should not have, and so he remained silent.
I'm glad Clarkent is OK, thanks to Peri's magic, and hopefully he'll start practicing with the jousting armor as soon as he's healed to be ready for the next time. Alas, no sign that Loisette put together the glint she saw with an illegally used dagger, though at least she's decided the Black Knight has some talents.

But in the meantime, I admit I'm getting frustrated with Clarkent. I understand not wanting to give away his secret but why can't he let Gawain know there are other "stories" about the Black Knight being circulated besides just the ones filtered through royalty? How hard would it be to say, "I've heard other stories ... the peasants say that he only fights with guards who are abusing their power ... and he only steals ill-gotten gains from the rich to give the poor." Gawain/Loisette might not believe him, but his unwillingness to defend himself at all is frustrating.

Kathy