Brenda!!!!!!!!!! You finally posted it! smile1 Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

It's true, I loved the universe you created in Master of Disguise so much that I was ready to start picking out apartments so I could live there. This fic only reinforces that wishful thinking. <g>

There are so many little moments in this one that also make me want to set up housekeeping with our heroes. First off, as much as I disliked Lois' super-short hair (with apologies to Tank), I think the show missed the best possible reason for Lois to have cut it. Making herself into a new person after Lex is the best explanation ever. Yes, in your story she had actually been married to him, so there's a clear need for a before/after break for her.

I loved Clark's obsession with her neck. We certainly had precedent for it on the show - that scene in 'Meet John Doe' that HappyGirl mentioned and also the time they're making out on the bed in 'Sex, Lies and Videotape'. Mmmmm…

For me, good writing is always in the details. For instance:
He leans in to kiss me again, softly and gently and it makes my heart flip. He stands upright again and pats the doorframe.
That little pat on the doorframe says so much! It says that he's forcing himself to stop touching her now and that he's reminding himself that the door is right there and he needs to leave. Nicely done! thumbsup

Mozartmaid, I guess we're reading it differently. blush The full sentence is: The cautious side of me makes a feeble attempt to slow things down, but the idea that I’m seducing Superman drowns her voice completely. I took that "her" as referring to the cautious side of Lois. smile

A beautiful and fabulous job, Brenda. I will try to confine my groveling for more from you to the fabulous new alt-universe you're working on and not keep dragging you back into the old ones. (The key word here is "try" wink )

Now I'm off to read this lovely story again (and again). Sure, I should be getting ready for work now, but this is so much more fun! Thank you for my awesome (belated) b-day present! It's just what I wanted and exactly the right size. sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis