I have a lot of trouble with the 'Superman/Ultrawoman' marriage thing. It has nothing to do with who is sponsoring the deal, though that is rather unseemly.

I know it was implied that some sort of governmental 'gratis' was secured to allow this to happen, but the fact remains that Superman and Ultrawoman, don't really exist as people. There are no birth certificates, no records of any sort, nor are blood tests possible.

It would be like Ronald McDonald marrying Flo (the annoying gal from the Progressive ads). Two easily identifiable enties, but not real people. They are merely roles being played by someone else. The same is true with Superman and Ultrawoman. Both are roles being played by the 'real' people.

I would think for the government to allow this masquerade someone high up in the government would have to be 'assured' as to the relavant identities of the two participants; such as the president interviews Superman and Ultrawoman, finds out who they really are and is convinced of their bonofides. Then he could grant the necessary beaurecratic dispensations which would make this farce possible.

Really, I don't see any reason why Lois and Clark would even want to be involved with something like this. It proves nothing regarding their love for each other, nor will it ever be a real wedding. The only wedding that should matter to the two of them should be the one between Lois Lane and Clark Kent.

This is merely a sham that the Star will use to boost their image and circulation. Why would Lois and Clark want to be a part of that no matter what restrictions they put on it. Where's the gain for them?

This is no way indicates any displeasure for the story. I still am enjoying reading it very much, I just don't 'see' the relavance of such a fantasy wedding.

Tank (who also thinks that Chris is not going to be 'Lois' friend')