Lois chuckled. "You go out there ... you kick the footy, you do your best ... you'll be fine."
Yes, but what happens if the ball rounds the Earth once and lands in the Print Media boys' goal. Does this count or is it an own goal?

After Toggy's pre-game speech, the Print Media team, dressed in their green shorts and green-and-gold jumpers, ran onto the ground together for their warm-up. The opposition, dazzling in blue and red, were already there.
I know, wrong fandom, but I just couldn't help myself. So, it's the Spidermen against the Goblins?

"If I kick a goal, will you go out with me?" Clark persisted.

The lightness embedded in his tone pulsated warmth through her veins. He didn't sound so anxious about the game now. And clearly, their date was still foremost in his mind. "Kick one, and I'll think about it."
This really made me expect Clark would manage one lucky shot at least.

The umpire bounced again. It was pushed out of the congestion and fell at the feet of a teammate. He picked up the ball and tried to kick it forward. An opponent flew across the ball and smothered it. The ball was picked up by a player in red and blue. He ran ten metres, bounced the ball, ran another ten, and kicked it towards Clark and Number Four.
Clark's going to score clap

The ball was still in the air when the siren sounded.

The game was over.

They'd lost.

By four points.
What now? clap

So, 20?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.