“This is Jonathan Jonnz for LNN Newsline Reports. Good evening.”
Well, if the Martian Manhunter can't find her, no one can!

Clark's reaction was not surprising to me. Nor was Lois' reaction. But I am puzzled as to where she is now. I suspect that Chloe knows, but there's no way she's going to spill the beans.

I'm glad Lois and Chloe did the song, although it wasn't clear to me until later that they started out playing together. It's too bad that Lois cut short her concert, though. I think the crowd would have loved the Roscoe song.

I like the way you're working in different secondary characters in this alternate beginning. Loved the Wanda Detroit reveal! And I even like this Chloe (surprising to me since I actively dislike the 'Smallville' series). My only complaint is that you have given us only tiny glimpses of Ellen 'Ella' Lane. I'd like for Clark to take some time to dig up some old records of hers and play them. Maybe then he might realize what Lois had to go through as a child losing her mother. And I want Sam to talk to Lois about Ellen, too. Let him share some of his best memories with his daughter. I think it would help her come to terms with her musical legacy.

Glad you're back with this! Hope the rest is as top-notch as the last two parts. Maybe that forced layoff let the story simmer and mature in your mind. At any rate, it's excellent and I want the next chapter very soon. Please? Please with major ninth arpeggios on top?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing