Let's see...
"Tell me if it's none of my business," he said, offering her a way out.

"It's none of your business." The harshness of her words was tempered somewhat as she tried to force a smile through her still-threatening tears.
Lois is obviously more uncomfortable with just blowing Clark off than with answering stuff she considers none of his business. Looks like she's so relieved to have found someone willing to socialize with her and talk shop and watch TV, etc, that she doesn't want to alienate him. Also explains her reaction to Clark presumably blowing her off for Esmeralda.

"No."

"But you're friends?"

Lois paused, but then she spoke hurriedly as if trying to negate her hesitation. "Yes."

[...]

"Does Dan know there is nothing beyond friendship?" Clark asked gently.

Lois looked away, and he was startled to see the glistening evidence of tears in her eyes. "He knows," she said roughly.
This, too. Of course it's possible there's never been anything between them, but Lois's reaction is too emotional for this. So, I'll go with Clark's assumption and Lois appears to once again hold on to him, simply because he's there and a friendly face to her. I think, despite her footy-family, she's terribly alone.

Seb met him head-on with a steely blue gaze. "You'd better not." With that, he turned, and strode out of Glenferrie Oval.

Lois returned with a sausage wrapped in bread and covered in tomato ketchup. "Where's Seb?" she asked.

"He had to go."
And Seb's just shown up to warn Clark. He's certainly acting the protective brother. And there's got to be some emotional history for Lois for him to act like this.

"Lois," Clark said, his mind spinning, but nothing productive coming from it. "Lois ... Lois, I need you to leave."

Her concern turned to confusion. "You want me to leave now?" she asked in a small voice.
I had some funny comeback here about him just asking Lois to stay until he's back, spinning into the spandex and taking off right in front of her. But then on the second pass and getting the FDK together, it's far too moody for this mecry

Metropolis needed Superman.
I immediately expected Superman to run into Kryptonite. Glad he didn't blush

Wonder what's up with the four bombs. Could either be a terrorist action designed to cause lot's of mayhem or a test/trap set up by Trask.

So many questions. Only one way to get answers... wildguy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.