eek Okay, this is tough. I definitely don't want to offend anyone, but here goes.

I stand with my Church's teaching on this. And that is that children are a gift from God, which He chooses to give through the loving joining of man and woman, and which God chooses whether that loving act will be fruitful or not; it is not a right, but a privilege and blessing to have a child.

Perhaps to put it more simply: It is not okay to have science get in the way of and be in place of the personal loving act of the couple, and there are other negative complications usually caused by In Vitro, etc., which I do not want to go into here.

It is of course perfectly okay to adopt, and I would think that if Lois & Clark checked with international agencies, they may still have a chance in that if they want it.

Not sure I explained that very clearly, but I hope it makes some sense. I am glad that they are discussing the ramifications of it all and working through it.
“How do you feel?” she asked. “Does this feel different to when we considered using an unknown sperm donor? How do you feel about your wife having a child that isn’t biologically yours?”

He sighed. “Lois, I never really told you this because I have absolutely no right to feel this way, but I was never totally comfortable with you having a child that had come from you and another man.”

“I understand that.”

He was surprised. “You do?”

“I would hate it if ... in other circumstances ... your sperm was used to impregnate another woman. I would feel like she had accessed something personal. Something that was meant for me and me alone.”

Clark nodded his understanding. “We can’t do this, can we?”

“I don’t know.”

“There’s too much involved. There’s Dad. Is it fair on him? Whatever he says, will he feel a responsibility for the child – a responsibility that he is too old to take on properly? There’s Mom. It was her idea and she followed up on the idea to suggest it to Dad and then bring it to us. But is she really OK with her husband fathering a child with another woman? Is it just going to dredge up all the hurt because she couldn’t give him the child they both wanted?”
And of course I am definitely biased about what I think they should do as I suppose is obvious from the above. But also how can one suppress natural feelings coming up of who's biological child it is and avoid confusion for themselves and for the child, and avoid affecting Martha with the results she could not give Jonathan?

Besides that and getting to the L&C Wells' version of the future, this also doesn't answer how they will start "Utopia" with their super descendants. huh

Sorry about the length.
Evelyn

EvelynC