Run, Forrest, run!

I can't help thinking about Forrest Gump and the little girl who made him break out of his "leg braces prison" as I'm reading this.

With Lois at his side (and often behind him with the proverbial prodding iron), he'd begun concentrating a little harder, walking a little further, and standing a little taller. And in the evenings, she'd be there, massaging his aching legs as he read one his favorite books aloud.
Run, Forrest! Or at least, climb, Clark!

I'm thinking of the latest Superman movie, too, where Superman turned out to have a son. That son was sickly, and it is of course far more likely that a being from another planet would be sick on the Earth than that he would be "super".

Anyway, I really, really loved this Lois! How delightfully spunky she was!

“Why would you defend me?”

His curiosity had morphed into confusion with her answer: “Because I'm your best friend.”

Succinct, to the point, and delivered as if it should have been obvious. Lois, he'd later decide, sometimes had trouble forgiving people that didn't see the world in the same way as she did.

But back then, he didn't know her yet. In fact, they had just met, so he'd needed clarification. “Wha… How am I your be… Why?”

She had then looked at him as if he were slow to the start of the race. “Because everybody should have one.”
Awwwww!!! sloppy sloppy sloppy

I very much look forward to the rest of this, Sonia!

Ann