Coming late to the comments on the last part, but this was so rich I needed to digest it properly.

This was wonderful. You portrayed Lois' heartbreak at Clark's deception so realistically that I almost wanted her to tell him to go find someone else to lie to. I'm usually on Clark's side on this question, but he really blew it big time in this story. Even if his motives were not impure, he took advantage of a terrified and shaken young woman and very nearly killed her love for him.

And Lois' reactions were dead on target. The most important thing to her was not that she'd had sex with Superman, but that Clark had not been honest with her. And she was right. The way she slowly allowed herself to understand his reasoning and the way she cautiously allowed him close again was very true to life. You've captured something of Lois Lane here that we don't often get to see, and it was both heartrending and uplifting.

Great story, Rac. This one deserves a Kerth nom, if not the award itself. Keep up the great work!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing