Incognito! It is so good to see you back here! thumbsup

Rac, as for the Duke Ellingotn piece of music, I couldn't find more than 22 seconds of his original version on the internet, but I found a cover of it played by a young guy.

Hmmm. I'm not a highly musical person, even though I did sing in a couple of choirs when I was young. Music rarely speaks very strongly to me.

I remember a Lord Peter Wimsey book by Dorothy Sayers. Lord Peter has finally fallen in love, and the woman he has fallen in love with is mature and intellectual, almost certainly a sort of portrait of Dorothy Sayers herself - ah, but I must say that her heroine, Harriet Vane, is a great version of the Mary Sue character. Anyway, Harriet and Lord Peter have gone to a concert together to listen to someone playing Bach. As soon as the music starts, Lord Peter gets drawn into into another world. Harriet keeps watching him, but he is oblivious to her, since he is totally concentrated on the music. Although he is an English gentleman who would never make a fool of himself in public, Harriet can see little signs in his face testifying to how intensely he keeps responding to the music. She can see how he savors how various themes are repeated but subtly changed in Bach's music. To her, however, the music is beautiful but not in any way hypnotizing, and she concentrates on her fiance much more than on the music.

I feel like Harriet Vane watching Lord Peter as I listened to the cover of Single Petal of a Rose. So this is the piece of music that so fascinated Clark and made him understand Lois better?

Well, whatever worked for him! For the two of them! And I like the fact that Ellington's music was so important to both Lois and Clark, though I doubt that it could ever open any doors for me.

Ann