Thanks for reading and commenting, everyone!

Bombshell, indeed, Sarah. I think Clark could probably come up with at least a million ways he would have rather told Lois.

Thanks for your comments, Amber. I agree that Clark doesn't seem too guilt ridden by his secret here. But I throw out as exhibits A and B the fact that (A) Clark probably could have stopped Lois from almost marrying Luthor by telling her the truth and telling her what he suspected about Luthor based on his interactions with the man as Superman; (B) Clark proposed to Lois without first telling her the truth. I would say that he should have probably told her about Superman before asking her to spend the rest of her life with him. On the show, he definitely kept his secret from Lois in situations I found to be rather unethical.

Ann, I'm glad that you found the behavior of the characters to be believable. I agree Clark's behavior wasn't well advised, but I'm hoping it was in character. As to whether there are other shoes...I never specified what sort of creature was wearing said shoes...it might be a millipede. wink

Thanks for reading and commenting, Terry. I point again to exhibits A and B above. Clark's actions are ill advised, in my opinion, but I hope they're understandable, given the emotion strain these two were under and his instinctive need to protect his secret.

Lovesuper97, thanks for your kind comments. I hope you continue to enjoy the story. I'll post the conclusion soon!

Joy, I actually thought about this, and decided in flagrante was pretty much the worst timing for a revelation that I could come up with that would still fit in this story.

I agree, SJH. More is coming soon!

Michael, I choose to take the expression "worst.revelation.ever" as a compliment. wink

Artemis, I think you'll see in the next part what it was that dragged Clark away without so much as a reasonable explanation. Thanks for reading!

Thanks again, everyone!

Regards,

Rac