Michael: It's interesting that you mentioned using Linda to do things Lois wouldn't. Even in this AU, Lois has some high ethical standards. In "our" universe, she did some burglary and breaking and entering and illegal wiretapping, but it was always with the intent of learning the truth and publishing it. Linda's motivation is to further herself, not unmask the truth.

And your thought of Nigel killing Linda to throw suspicion on Johnny and thereby throw the Metro Gang into confusion is brilliant. Hmm. Maybe that's what really happened...

Noelle: (like your screen name) Thanks for the comment. We're all writing to entertain each other, after all.

Happy Girl: Thanks for the WAFFy compliment. I must tell you that I worked very hard on those parts, and I still don't think they come up to the high standards of other FOLCs who do that stuff so very well. But this is the WAFFyiest (is that really a word?) story I've ever written.

So Linda is a puppy? Or is she just a (word used in a kennel)? Some might feel differently about her after this chapter. Then again, some might not.

There is more info about Connie Hunter in the next chapter, which is coming up very soon.

Thanks for reading and commenting, everyone!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing