I just read both parts 6 & 7 together, so forgive me for posting feedback to both here.

Part 6 was so powerful. Very well written. One thing I especially appreciated was that you have presented a reasonable, believable scenario for Lois to react as she does.

One of my biggest problems with Lois's reaction to the revelation of Clark = Superman in the original (and even in some fanfics), is that I have a hard time justifying her anger. I know, I know, Clark lied to her, he should have told her before, she has a past of "federal disaster" relationships, etc., etc., but I don't know, it still just doesn't seem (in my mind) to account for all her anger. Or, for her holding onto that anger. I guess I can see an immediate angry response, but it just seems like 2 minutes reflection should take her past that.

In Adrift, I can completely understand Lois's reaction. Not justify, but understand. The old difference between an excuse and an explanation, I guess. There is no excuse, but there is, at least, an explanation. It was so hard to read, though. My heart just broke for Clark. evil ? What is in store for us in Part 8?

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster