Trepidation? No! Don't hold back!

So we're going to make …to use as bribes for more Ricochet
Heh, that's so crazy that it just might work!

Lois glared back. "You can have him."
Ah - words you'll live to regret…

"Dad! I haven't even kissed her in ten years!"
This touched me - that he would still remember (and count) the kiss he gave her as a child. <sniffle>

"Will you please tell Dad to stop worrying? I'm not going to have sex with Lois tonight. It's our *first* date."

"Well, you look very handsome," Martha told him, needlessly straightening his tie.
And that cracked me up! In just a few words you've given us the pragmatic Martha that I loved so much in the series.

His tie was a splash of primary colors that almost warranted sunglasses.
Poor Clark - ever the fashion victim. <g>

He was wearing blue jeans that she'd seen him wear before and knew that they fit him perfectly. Every girl at school knew that.
I shouldn't drink while reading. That line made me snorf my water. lol

She sighed again and smiled a genuine smile as Clark put his arm around her shoulders – at her mom's direction, of course. Now if only she could get him to do it for real later...
Ah, young love. Somehow I don't think she's going to have to twist his arm to make it happen. smile

"We can sit in the back of the truck and star gaze. That's it." He grinned at her again. "I'm a gentleman, remember?"
Yeah, I've heard that one before. Then again, it's Clark so she should be safe (darn the luck). wink

She took the blanket from him and moved until she was sitting in front of him, leaning against his chest. Her heart was pounding in her chest as she settled in. This was her first date – their first date. Was this okay? Was this too fast for something like this? She trusted Clark, didn't she?
Heh - my heart was pounding,too.

"I can't promise that I won't *wish* I hadn't promised that from time to time,
I hope we get to read that scene. laugh

Poor Sam, though. He has no idea that his shotgun would have zero effect. wink

Excellent beginning, Carol. Every other day, you said? So there's a new part tomorrow?

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis