Hi Alisha,

I’m still enjoying this very much. I have to say that I am still struggling with Clark’s behavior.

I love the fact that he finally came a little bit clean with Lois and gave her a glimpse of what he *thinks* he’s been feeling.

I’m also glad that Lois may have had the breakthrough to get over her own feelings of guilt about the situation.

Now, that said… Clark is a *very* sick boy. He claims to love Lois but he does nothing that reflects any real feeling of love or even mild affection. He treats her badly. He’s not compassionate about her feelings. And finally, he’s blaming her for all of his own shortcomings and errors.

I always apply the old test of “Love is when someone else’s happiness is essential for your own.” Clark is *not* thinking about Lois’s happiness at all. If he really did love her, he would have known how much she was hurting. He would want to find a way to alleviate her hurt even at the expense of his own feelings. Based on everything I’ve seen thus far, as well as in this section, he does not love her and, the way he is now, he doesn’t deserve her.

In this section, I think Lois has taken the first step to healing herself. As *sick* as Clark is, I don’t think even having Lois get hit by a car will be enough to snap him back.

Again, I like the story very much. It just hurts to see Clark so very damaged.

Bob