Sara
But honestly, if he expects Lois to continue to look "starry-eyed" at him, he's got another thing coming! That's not real love.
I'm sort of glad you brought that up. blush Actually, this Lois is slightly different from the one we usually see. I hope people, and psychoanalysts, don't mind her being this way.

In my story, Lois says:
You’ll always wonder if I loved you for you or for being Superman.
She's feeling insecure that her feelings for Superman might stand in their way, even though they were genuine from her point of view. Clark's reassuring her that he's okay with her love for Superman (hey, it's for him!) by making light of this issue that's resting heavy on her heart. (He did not, nor would he ever, make light of the love between them.)
Had she tried to defend herself and said something like, 'Hell, Clark. Don't doubt my feelings for Superman because he's, after all, you!' then probably Clark would have to have dealt with it differently. But, the Lois here is already in despair, and didn't need Clark piling up accusations on her of giving Superman starry-eyed looks.

You see, I just realized that I needed someone like you to give me a starry-eyed look to keep me on my toes. That look – whoa – it’s like a battery.” He grinned to bring a smile on her face by his feeble attempt at a joke, but earned a smack on his chest. “Great! Recharges me.”

“Clark!” Another smack.
And, he did get smacked for his joke.

Besides, you can't deny he didn't like all that hero-worship from his one true love. Heck, he did come back for more again, and again.

I hope you're convinced... blush

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time